AntimicMinimizing trauma and pain
Mepilex Ag hurts less by:robial Foam Dressing with Safetac Technology
Mepilex® Ag combines the unique features of Safetac technology with the bacteria reducing power of silver. Mepilex Ag goes to work quickly, inactivating wound pathogens within 30 minutes and for up to 7 days. At dressing removal, Mepilex Ag does not stick to the wound or strip surrounding skin, minimizing patient pain and wound trauma.
- not adhering to the moist wound bed
- eliminating skin stripping
- sealing the wound margins to
- prevent maceration
Reducing bacterial burden
Mepilex Ag in action:
- inactivates wound pathogens within 30 minutes
- inactivates wound pathogens up to 7 days
- inactivates a broad range of pathogens, including MRSA
Exudate management and other benefits
Mepilex Ag features many more important benefits:
- excellent conformability
- good exudate management properties
- can be cut to suit various wound sizes and difficult-to-dress areas
INDICATIONS FOR USE:
Mepilex® Ag is designed for the management of a wide range of wounds including leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and partial thickness burns. Mepilex® Ag will effectively manage most exudate levels and can be used in conjunction with compression therapy.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Gently cleanse the wound; dry surrounding skin. Mepilex® Ag will not adhere to a moist surface.
- Apply Mepilex® Ag directly onto the wound allowing the dressing to overlap onto the surrounding skin by at least 2 cm.
- Remove the release film and lay adherent side to the wound. Do not stretch. For lower limb applications position Mepilex® Ag slightly off centre so more of the dressing rests below the wound than above.
- Secure Mepilex® Ag in place with Mepitac®, Mefix® or other fixation device.